International Education Week is taking place November 18-22, 2019. We invite au pairs and host families to share your experiences with us!
International Education Week (IEW) began in 2000 and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the U.S. Department of Education. This important week is observed across the United States and in more than 100 countries overseas. IEW is celebrated in November each year during the week before the American holiday of Thanksgiving.
IEW is an opportunity for exchange students worldwide to share with their host communities their cultures and highlight the benefits of international educational exchange programs.
Submit a photo, video, write up about your cultural exchange experience. Some ideas are:
1. What do you hope to take back from your experience abroad?
2. Describe a funny experience you had during this year-in school, with friends, with your host family.
3. Describe the most surprising thing you have learned about your host country.
4. Describe the biggest difference you experienced between your home and your host country
5. Describe how your exchange experience has impacted you, your host family and your own family. Did you change at all? Has it shaped your plans for the future?
Don’t forget to share your efforts on social media!
★ Using #IEW2019, post a photo from your exchange experiences. For example, campaigns can focus on: current career and goals for the future, or how international exchange has shaped your personal and professional lives.
★ Sample post:
I already know that I will never forget the independence I am gaining as an au pair in New Jersey! I am practicing my English, learning not just about American culture, but New Jersey culture, and am making lifelong connections and friends. Thank you @ExchangeProgramsAtState for this opportunity! #IEW2019