Anna G. from Germany, is in Agnes Barton’s Virginia cluster. For International Women’s Day Anna did a self-reflection:
Hi! I’m Anna from Germany and I’m an AuPair for almost three months now. My greatest accomplishment so far is that I love myself. I’m an introverted person so going to live with complete strangers, in a different country where I don’t know anybody, was way out of my comfort zone. But I wanted to have an adventure and you can’t have that when you’re not brave. It wasn’t easy at the beginning, and it was hard to stay strong, but I did and I should be proud of that. Coming here was the best decision I’ve ever made. These three months have already taught me so much and I’m sure the coming months will teach me even more.
- I learned that I never have to feel alone because no matter how far away my family is, they’re always in my heart. I learned that I don’t need my mommy to solve problems because I can solve them myself.
- I learned that if things are not working the way you want them to, just breathe and keep going.
- I learned that asking a lot of questions is really important and won’t bother anybody, because people are happy to help.
- I learned that I don’t have to be afraid of people judging me because of how I look, how I speak or where I come from. They won’t, they are just curious.
- I learned that telling other people about my country and my culture will not only make them happy but me too because I realize how amazing it actually is.
- I learned that nobody is perfect no matter where they come from so you don’t have to be perfect either.
- I learned that I’m good the way I am. I’m brave, I’m strong and I can do anything I want. I just have to make the first step. Change is what keeps the world moving so BE BOLD FOR CHANGE!