The holidays are a perfect time to share traditions. Most Au Pair in America clusters celebrate with a holiday party, sharing recipes, gift exchanges, stories from home. This year, my cluster made gingerbread houses. As we were decorating them, we exchanged holiday traditions learning about celebrations in Germany, Hungary, Sweden, Thailand (for New Year’s) and the U.S. When we were finished, we looked in awe at what we’d created-a Global Village! It’s so easy to spread good cheer at this time of year, but what about the rest of the year? Are we ready for a challenge? Are we ready to embrace other cultures, other people, other traditions? Let’s share our experiences with one another. Post your comments about intercultural interactions! We’ll carry good will throughout 2013!
- Au Pair in America Explorer for March April 1, 2020
- IWD 2020 Raffle Winner Vivian from Brazil March 30, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Giovana R. from Brazil March 28, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Cassia F. from Brazil March 27, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Annika V. from Germany March 26, 2020
- 2015 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2016 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2017 International Women's Day Essays
- 2017 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2018 Peace Day Audio/Video
- 2018 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2019 Peace Day Audio/Video
- 2019 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2020 International Women's Day
- Adapting to Life in the U.S.
- Cultural Clash
- Host Family Stories
- Learn about the U.S.
- Meet Your Global Neighbor
Arlington Au Pair in America Explorers Brazil Chinese New Year Christmas cluster meeting Colombia contest cultural exchange earth day Explorer Flag Day France Germany Global Awareness Global Awareness presentation holidays Houston IEW Illinois International Women's Day Italy IWD language Maryland Massachusetts Mexico New York Panama peace day Poland presentation School school presentation song South Africa Spain Texas Thanksgiving travel Virginia volunteer Washington DC winner World Thinking Day