June 14, 2012 is a day that U.S. Americans honor their flag. A country’s national pride is represented in its flag, and in honor of flags around the world, Global Awareness, Au Pair in America, sponsored a Flag Day contest for our au pairs. Many of the entries were created by the au pairs and the children they care for demonstrating how cultural exchange occurs when we least expect it. Entries were painted, made from food, pencils, legos, nail polish and eye shadow, just to name a few of the materials so creatively utilized by the au pairs. We hope you’ll take a minute to peek at our flags and write to us about your flag and tell us what the colors and design represent.
- Au Pair in America Explorer for March April 1, 2020
- IWD 2020 Raffle Winner Vivian from Brazil March 30, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Giovana R. from Brazil March 28, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Cassia F. from Brazil March 27, 2020
- 2020 International Women’s Day: Annika V. from Germany March 26, 2020
- 2015 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2016 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2017 International Women's Day Essays
- 2017 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2018 Peace Day Audio/Video
- 2018 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2019 Peace Day Audio/Video
- 2019 Peace Day Essays/Poetry
- 2020 International Women's Day
- Adapting to Life in the U.S.
- Cultural Clash
- Host Family Stories
- Learn about the U.S.
- Meet Your Global Neighbor
Arlington Au Pair in America Explorers Brazil Chinese New Year Christmas cluster meeting Colombia contest cultural exchange earth day Explorer Flag Day France Germany Global Awareness Global Awareness presentation holidays Houston IEW Illinois International Women's Day Italy IWD language Maryland Massachusetts Mexico New York Panama peace day Poland presentation School school presentation song South Africa Spain Texas Thanksgiving travel Virginia volunteer Washington DC winner World Thinking Day